Modern design features digital-only ordering and pick-up, with branded “souvenirs” and the new and exclusive Bell Apple Freeze
Irvine, Calif (April 13, 2021) – It’s been a New York minute since Taco Bell® expanded in New York City , but now the brand is making its presence known with a new Cantina in the heart of Times Square. Built with the energy and on-the-go vibrance of the city in mind, the newest restaurant embraces technology in a whole new way to serve the demands of New Yorkers.
The Cantina opens its doors to New Yorkers on April 14, but fans across the globe can immerse themselves in the Times Square restaurant experience and the dynamic, innovative design via a 3D mapping of the restaurant below.
Below are the unique elements of both the restaurant itself and its new neighborhood.
- Digital-Only Ordering: Bright, electronic billboards line the streets of Times Square, which makes it only fitting that the menu kiosks inside the restaurant are equally as prominent. The restaurant’s 10 kiosks replace traditional analog menu boards, giving guests the opportunity to take ordering into their own hands.
- Order Ahead Pickup Cubbies: The city that never sleeps expects convenience and this new Cantina delivers. A separate double-door entrance allows customers to skip the traditional restaurant experience entirely and head directly to the pick-up area. Guests can quickly enter their order number on the touchscreen and grab their meal from a designated, glowing cubby and be on their way to their next destination.
- New York Footprint: The Times Square Cantina joins nearly 60 Taco Bell restaurants and 20+ Cantinas already operating across New York’s boroughs and 200+ in the larger NY metropolitan area, reaffirming the brand’s goal to operate 10,000 restaurants and become a $20 billion brand within this decade. The brand plans to build 25 new restaurants in the region this year, which accounts for roughly 10% of Taco Bell’s overall development mix.
- New York, New Freeze: To celebrate the iconic Times Square location, Taco Bell is introducing a new menu item, the Bell Apple Freeze. Available exclusively at this location, the Bell Apple Freeze is a Green Apple Freeze swirled with a sweet cherry apple flavor, all for just $3.59*.
- Souvenirs: Offering more than craveable food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic** drinks, customers will be able to purchase their very own Taco Bell merchandise, including sauce packet keychains, pin sets and pens, available to order directly via the digital kiosks.
- Historical Landmark: In a perfect pairing of old meets new, the newest Taco Bell restaurant is housed within one of Times Square’s oldest and most historic buildings. Built between 1926-1927, the iconic Paramount Building originally served as headquarters and cinematic theater for the major motion picture company. To honor the history of the building, Taco Bell’s architects incorporated the original golden entrance, now used as the dedicated side entrance for mobile pick-up orders.
- Improved Team Member Experience: The beloved elements of the typical Cantina with an open-kitchen and alcoholic drinks paired with the digital design elements of the Times Square Cantina simplify and modernize the consumer experience, which in turn, optimizes and redeploys the role of the team member within the restaurant experience.
*Available while supplies last. Price excludes tax.
**Must be 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
About Taco Bell Corp.
For more information about Taco Bell, visit our website at www.TacoBell.com/news or at www.TacoBell.com/popular-links. You can also stay up to date on all things Taco Bell by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Taco Bell’s Twitter, Taco Bell News’ Twitter, TikTok and subscribing to our YouTube channel. For updates on how Taco Bell is navigating COVID-19, click here.