10 Things You Didn’t Know About Our Web of Fries II Commercial
Nacho Fries have returned to Taco Bell. And along with them, Web of Fries II: Franchise Wars - the sequel to our (fake) movie uncovering the conspiracy around why Taco Bell has never sold fries. If you haven’t seen it yet, you need to watch it immediately.
Because it’s easy to miss all the awesomeness we packed into one 60 second commercial, we wanted to share an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how it came together. Here’s 10 things you didn’t know about our Web of Fries II commercial.
1. Web of Fries II was shot in Budapest, Hungary. The same location as Taco Bell’s 2015 Routine Republic commercial. Now the whole country is hungry for Taco Bell.
2. The epic cast was comprised of international actors and actresses.
3. The scene below was shot at an abandoned power plant. Web of Fries II was also the very last thing shot there before the building was demolished.
4. Web of Fries II was shot by award-winning Hollywood director, Wally Pfister. Clearly, he was not afraid to get into the action in order to get the shot.
5. Drones were used to film several of the epic aerial scenes in Web of Fries II. Because everything looks cooler shot from a drone.
6. About 37 pounds of delicious Nacho Fries were used in the making of Web of Fries II. 10 pounds of those were eaten by the crew (for inspiration, of course).
7. Web of Fries II takes place in the fictional city of San Angeles. Sound familiar?
8. No Taco Bells were harmed in the filming of Web of Fries II.
9. Our star, Nacho Fries, had their very own “personal stylist” on set. Her name is Lauren and she made sure Nacho Fries were always ready for their close up.
10. We used a real flamethrower and explosives on set. Because you can’t have an amazing trailer without fiery explosions, right?
Hungry for Nacho Fries yet? Order some now and you’ll see why they have everyone talking.