How To Make The Rolled Chicken Tacos Bisque From Taco Bell's 7th Annual Friendsgiving
Every November at Taco Bell Headquarters, we host a Friendsgiving dinner to celebrate and give thanks to our best friends. But we don’t serve our guests your typical, traditional Thanksgiving meal - we add a Taco Bell twist to every dish.
Every year, our food innovation team creates a brand new menu and let us tell you, this year’s does not disappoint. Some of the dishes include Nacho Fries Au Gratin, Mexican Rice Arancini, and Sauce Packet Flavored Compound Butter. Want to bring The Bell to your own Friendsgiving? Try making the Rolled Chicken Tacos Bisque using the recipe below. Your friends (and taste buds) will thank you.
Rolled Chicken Tacos Bisque
Serves 2 (entree) or serves 4 (appetizer or side)
- 6 Rolled Chicken Tacos (Cut 4 into quarters and save 2 to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 quart of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- ½ bunch of cleaned cilantro (optional for cooking and garnish)
- 1 lime (optional garnish)
- Mexican crema (optional garnish)
- Medium-sized stockpot (5-7 quart)
- High-speed blender or immersion blender
Before you start cooking, you’ll need to pick up some Rolled Chicken Tacos, so head to Taco Bell and grab a Rolled Chicken Taco Party Pack featuring six Rolled Chicken Tacos and six Crunchy Tacos.
Now it’s time to make the bisque:
- Place a medium-sized stockpot (cast iron is recommended) on medium-high heat and allow the pan to warm. After the pan is warmed, add oil and continue to heat through.
- Carefully add diced onions and chopped garlic to the oil and saute for about 5 minutes – until softened but not burning.
- Now add the diced tomatoes (do not drain, pour in the juice and all), the chili powder, Mexican oregano and a pinch of salt. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes until tomatoes are warmed through and the mix is very aromatic.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Add the chopped Rolled Chicken Tacos, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Optional step: Add about 1 cup of the cilantro into the soup mix and simmer an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow soup mix to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the blender bowl. Add heavy cream. Blend on low to incorporate all ingredients, then on high to make very smooth and creamy. Taste for salt and add as needed.
- Portion into 2 bowls (as a meal) or 4 bowls (as a starter). Garnish with cheese, crema, lime wedge and cilantro.
- Use remaining Rolled Chicken Tacos to dip if you please.
If you tried our recipe this Friendsgiving, share it using #RolledChickenTacosBisque.
Previously logged in with Facebook?Reset your password here