Taco Bell® is proud to be based in Irvine, CA and support organizations where our employees live and work. Each year, we provide valuable grants to Orange County, CA organizations that focus on three main objectives:
Educating Teens: Providing youth ages 13-19 with hands-on learning experiences that help inspire high school graduation and success.
Hunger Relief: Supporting local food banks, pantries, and shelters as well as disaster relief efforts.
Community Building: Supporting public, charitable events and places that enhance the Orange County, CA community.
In 2010, over 15 organizations received grants through the Taco Bell Community Grants program. Our 2010 grantees included, but are not limited to:
- Junior Achievement Orange County
- Girls Incorporated of Orange County
- Project Access
- Reaching Youth Through Music Opportunities
- THINK Together
- Project Tomorrow
- Western Pacific Boys & Girls Clubs Youth of the Year
- MIND Research Institute
- Project Hope School
- Share Ourselves
- Standup for Kids
- Families Forward
- Community Action Partnership
(Orange County Food Bank)
- Community Service Program (CSP)
- HomeAid Orange County
- Irvine Police Association
Congratulations to our 2010 grantees and thank you for impacting Orange County. If you'd like to participate in the 2011 grants cycle, please review details under application process.
- How often can my organization apply for a Bell Community Grant?
- Eligible organizations may only receive one grant per calendar year. Organizations must submit their funding requests during the open application cycle. One-off requests that fall outside the normal application and review cycle will not be considered.
- What is the general grant size?
- We do not have a fixed grant range. Many factors, including the specific program or event and the organization making the request, determine funding amounts. Based on the past several years, the grant size has generally ranged from $5,000 to $20,000.
- Before I apply online, how can I get a copy of the application form?
- We recommend that you download a copy of the application and familiarize yourself with it before completing the online application form. You can find a PDF of the application in the Application Process section on this page.
- When will I be contacted about the status of my grant request? How do I know you received my proposal?
- After you have completed and submitted your online application, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application. All organizations will be notified of the final decision.
- If awarded a grant, what other requirements do you have beyond using the funds towards an approved program/event detailed in the letter of agreement?
If your organization is awarded a grant, you will be expected to:
- Use the donation towards the approved program.
- Recognize Taco Bell for its support: Grantees will be provided with an electronic toolkit, including logos and suggestions on how to highlight the grant.
- Complete an electronic progress report to show how the grant monies were used. Organizations will receive the link via email closer to the end of the grant cycle.
- If I have a technical question when applying or forgot my username/password, who do I contact?
- Please reference the "Need Technical Support?" link at the bottom of the application page.
- I submitted a technical support request. How soon will I hear from them?
- The technical support team will respond to requests within 48 hours.